Tuesday, July 24, 2007

My reign so far...

Hello all,

First of all, please pardon the length of this post as I am just having the ablility to fill you in on my life so far.

I hope that the summers are treating you great! Right now I'm dodging the 90+ degree North Dakota weather in a wonderful little coffee shop and thought it would be a great time to fill you all in on my reign so far as Miss North Dakota 2008.

My first official Miss North Dakota apperance was July 7th in the western North Dakota's beautiful town of Hettinger. Miss North Dakota 2007, Annette Olson, was able to join me for the town's centenial celebration. Former Miss North Dakotas Stacey Anfinson and Charlene Seifert joined us for an afternoon of entertainment and fellowship with the community who welcomed us all with open arms. I was able to share a little about my platform, which is Stop Bullying in Schools: Saving the Spirit of a Child, as well as provide some entertainment. Annette spoke about her year as Miss North Dakota and Charlene was able to share, not only about her year but also about her experience as one of the judges for the pageant this last year. The trip was very enjoyable. Congratulations Hettinger on a wonderful celebration.

This last week, in Fargo, I had the privilage of speaking the Superintendants of Class A schools of North Dakota. It was great to be able to meet the leaders of our school systems in North Dakota as well as be able to tell them about my message for the year and all the things I want to accomplish.

This year I have chosen to partner with a group called Students Today Leaders Forever (STLF). This group organizes the Pay It Forward Tours. For more info on STLF log onto http://www.stlf.net.

I hope you are all enjoying this last month or so of summer.

Blessings,
~Ashley

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your Uncle Alan (NDSU concert choir buddy) put me onto your blog, Ashley.
We don't get TLC over here in Japan, but I'll be praying you can do your best with all that you've prepared, and that the hearts of the judges will be touched to see that YOU are the sort of young woman our country needs more of, who can touch MANY hearts for good. (Even the hearts of those that don't KNOW they are being touched by the goodness and beauty that God through our Lord Jesus Christ has so richly poured into you!).
Glad to hear that Uncle Al will be there to cheer you on, as are MANY more from near and far.
Go lovingly and fearlessly in His love
Always,
Joe Staples
(NDSU 1983)